Contest in collaboration with Los Angeles County Office of Education
March 23 - MAY 22, 2020
What?!? A Contest?
#StandUpBeCounted Census Social Media Contest
March 23 – May 22nd, 2020
THREE Easy Steps to Enter!
Create memes, short videos, graphics, dances, posters—any social media post, really!
Your post text should answer the question… Why is the census important to my family, my school and/or my community?
50+ words recommended but max 100 (excluding #hashtags)
Share your post on social media using these hashtags: #StandUpBeCounted #2020Census #IAgreeToContestRules
Who can participate?
- Any student over 13 years old attending school in the U.S.
- If you are a Los Angeles County student check the High School Hashtag List to include in your post.
- We invite all students to participate to lead civic participation in your communities. YOU are our future!
What’s the prize?
- The real prize is making a difference — getting out the count to ensure your community gets its fair share of money and power.
Your post will be amplified to millions by our super cool judges in music, entertainment, and sports.
- Top 50 finalists will receive a USC Annenberg Innovation Lab Digital Activist Certificate (great for college applications) and Top 20 winners will also receive a social media creation kit.